- Fact is not data…a single story is meaningless and misleading unless it’s backed up by lots data… Actually even that’s not enough… Data is just a collection of facts…
- Evidence is data that supports a theory and rules out others… So the best way to test any theory is to try to disprove it, to play devil’s advocate…
- Confirmation bias is not only failing to search for new data, but also misinterpreting data when you receive it
- A story is not a fact…fact is not data…. data is not evidence.
- the mark of an educated man is the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Listen with the intent to understand, not to reply
- A dissenting viewpoint is something to learn from, not to argue against.